Sunday, February 12, 2017

I'm Queen of the Easy C

I don't plan on getting political on this blog, and god knows by the time anyone actually stumbles on this thing, we'll probably be halfway through DJT's term and people will be like "what the hell is she referencing with this title?"

DJT tweeted about Easy D and the Internet went wild for reasons I had to google since I'm of a certain age and don't understand the youngins' lingo.

Anyhow.

DJT might be all about Easy D (or not, depending on the meaning), but I AM all about Easy C...meaning Easy Cooking.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it bears repeating: there's no shame in wanting easy recipes.

Shit, I need to master easy recipes FIRST before even thinking about going for the next level. Considering my Fear of Fowl and the fact I need to google things like "What is an Insta Pot" and "show me images of Dutch Ovens" to figure out if I actually own one, well, I think easy is the only speed I should focus on right now.

I lust after one-pot meals with prep times of five minutes even though the sadistic recipe writers don't admit that prep time = dog years, which is my explanation for why I need to always double and sometimes triple the prep time.

But I suspect I could live quite well--even healthfully--on easy meals and achieve my goals of having some confident, go-to company meals, funeral foods, pot lucks, and impressive date night dinners for my imaginary boyfriends.

We got Queen Bey, but I'll always be The Queen of the Easy C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. But let's all play (somewhat) nice in the virtual sandbox, shall we?