Saturday, July 15, 2017

Dishing...

I made two chicken dishes recently.

One was chicken and mushrooms in a garlic white wine sauce where I let the sauce cook too long, so it mostly evaporated. 

Sigh. 



And I used dried parsley instead of fresh, and I suspect that made a difference as well.



It was only OK.

I had white cooking wine in my pantry, however, and felt all adult-like for about five minutes. But now it's been weeks since I've used it and I'm wondering about its shelf life? Do I chuck it? 

I also made a sheet pan supper: chicken and zucchini. The chicken was quite good, but I'm realizing green zucchini with just a little olive oil ain't really my thing. 



I don't know how people enjoy this. 

Everything takes me ten times longer than it should. 

And although I've done more cooking for myself in the last year than I have in my entire life, I don't feel any more confident. Like I haven't reached any of my goals of having 2-3 go-to breakfasts (haven't even attempted breakfast shit), lunches, dinners, funeral foods, potlucks.

#firstworldproblems

Reading dystopian fiction and realizing it's all pointless probably doesn't help.

1 comment:

  1. Zucchini is a poor excuse for a vegetable. Broccoli would have solved your veggie dilemma.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome. But let's all play (somewhat) nice in the virtual sandbox, shall we?