Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Welcome to My Idiocy

I changed the description of this here blog. Before, it said that I was a 40-something chick who didn't know how to cook.

#notentirelytrue

The 40-something part was (and still is) correct.

The not-cooking part wasn't.

See, I can cook a little. But not with any confidence. I feel like an idiot most of the time, and I have an extremely limited repertoire (LOL! Who am I kidding? There is NO repertoire. I just added my first recipe into my "Regular Rotation" folder on my computer, but have yet to make it again).

I suspect the confidence thing is going to be a life-long struggle, although maybe it will diminish over time.

As for the idiocy thing? That's what this little blog-cooking experiment aims to rectify. Somewhat.

Let's face it: I'm NEVER going to be a chef. And I'm OK with this.

I'm still at the point that when a recipe calls for a "dutch oven," I find myself going to Google images so that I can then check to see if I own one. (I don't, by the way; but my mom just gave me hers since she doesn't use it. It's still sitting on the passenger-side floor of my car; I haven't had enough hands to schlep the darn thing inside.)

Over time, I'm hoping to have a repertoire that will start with some basic entrees, funeral foods, stuff I can bring to potlucks, etc. (Learn more about my 2017 cooking goals here.)

Onward, fellow idiot cooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. But let's all play (somewhat) nice in the virtual sandbox, shall we?