Tuesday, February 21, 2017

It's OK to Buy Store-Bought Veggie Platters

I went to a wine-tasting event over the weekend, and I brought this store-bought veggie platter courtesy of my local Stop & Shop.


My reasons for not doing the veggie platter myself:

  • I worry about making people sick. Yes, even with veggies. It's a problem, I know. If anyone gets sick on this, I can blame it on the grocery store.
  • I'm still figuring out proper slicing and chopping techniques. 
  • It saved me HOURS. Seriously, it would have taken me probably two hours to wash, cut, have a nervous breakdown, and assemble the platter.

A law school professor I once knew said that a skilled lawyer doesn't necessarily have all the answers, but he or she knows where to find them.

Maybe that's true with this whole culinary thing. Did anyone care that I brought a store-bought veggie platter instead of one that I'd prepared?

Nope.

Or, at least, if they did, they didn't make it obvious.

I think people were happy there was grub to balance out the wine. (I also brought a loaf of French bread, nuts, and dark chocolate.)

Yes...I might very well be my own worst enemy.

#tuesdayepiphany

That said, I know plenty of people who curl their lips at store-bought anything: jarred pasta sauces and gravies, baked goods, etc.

And you know what? That's OK, too. Those folks can make things from scratch (and they probably enjoy doing so).

I guess my point is this: it doesn't have to be a one-size-fits-all solution. The problem was I needed a veggie platter. And going back to my law professor analogy, I knew where to find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. But let's all play (somewhat) nice in the virtual sandbox, shall we?