Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sometimes This is Dinner




And you know what? It's OK.

It's OK to buy a chicken from Stop & Shop and boil bagged rice and heat up frozen mixed veggies and call it a day. 

Because sometimes it's a hard week and clients are pains in the ass (asses?) and the work-in-progress feels like you're trying to catch a pterodactyl with a butterfly net. It happens. And you want to cook and you want to eat healthy, but it's just you, not even the cat to guilt you into anything with his Stare of Condemnation, because the cat is dead (long live the cat!) and has been for almost two years.

But here's the thing. It's better than pizza, I guess. And when I went to the store, I avoided the cans of chocolate frosting calling my name even though I wanted nothing more than to open one up and eat directly from it with a spoon. And then buy a bag of Tostitos and layer them with cheese and nuke 'em for a minute and jump into bed with nothing but the memory of my dead cat and lots of Netflix.

THAT didn't happen, at least. 

And I WILL do something with the leftover chicken. I have an easy chicken noodle soup that I'll make with the remaining meat on the bone and I'll share that here, at some point. I haven't gotten to the point where I'll boil the carcass or make my own stock (haven't the first clue!), but that's OK, too.

I will eat tonight. And it will be relatively healthy. And life will go on. And tomorrow (or next week) will provide another opportunity for me to challenge my lack of culinary skills and confidence.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. But let's all play (somewhat) nice in the virtual sandbox, shall we?