Saturday, June 3, 2017

I Am NOT Alone with My Jar of Minced Garlic

Even when you're feeling totally alone in the world, Google reminds you that you're not. 

Because somewhere, someone else has the exact same question as you about the jar of minced garlic you finally opened. 




For the record, once opened, you need to refrigerate it. It's good for "2-3 months." 

LOL. 

Guess which one I'm choosing?

Keeping track is harder now. I always have good intentions of labeling stuff when I open it, but I'm usually so busy having a nervous breakdown cooking that by the time I'm done, I just throw it in the fridge and try to use some memory game to remember when I opened it. This works if I cook once a year, but now that I'm doing more, I have multiple bottles of crap in the fridge, like soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Frank's Hot Sauce, etc.

No doubt, I end up throwing out perfectly good stuff because of my known trust issues with expiration dates.

So today, in my Outlook calendar, I added when I opened the jar of minced garlic. Then, I went out two months. I now have a calendar note for August 27, 2017: throw out the minced garlic in the fridge.

It's the only thing planned for the week!

#sad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. But let's all play (somewhat) nice in the virtual sandbox, shall we?